Promotion to 3rd year
The Faculty of Science is responsible for promoting students. Visit their Promotion Requirements page for details on how they determine promotions.
To be promoted to 3rd year you must have:
- An approved IntSci contract.
- Completed 48 or more credits
- At least 30 of the 48 credits must be science credits.
- At least 15 of these 30 science credits must be part of the lower-level requirements.
- You must achieve at least a 60% average in 3/5 of the remaining 15 science credits.
Promotion to 4th Year
To be promoted to 4th year you must have:
- Completed at least 72 credits
- Of these 50 or more are science credits and include all of the lower-level requirements.
- The communications requirement must be complete.
- Completed 40% of credits specified in program (ISCI + discipline courses).
Graduating with Distinction
As stated in the UBC Calendar graduating students may earn a degree “with distinction” by achieving “an average of at least 85.0% on 30 credits of Science courses numbered 300 or above designated as part of the program by the department and approved by the Dean.”
For Integrated Sciences, ISCI core and Science discipline courses are eligible. Discipline courses outside of Science1) are not eligible nor are non-discipline science courses. For Honours students, the Honours thesis course is also counted. The distinction average is computed from the 30 highest-graded credits among eligible courses.